This Plan is between Administrator of this agreement (ADMINISTRATOR) and the purchaser of this Plan (OWNER) for a covered product. The ADMINISTRATOR agrees with the OWNER, to cover manufacturer’s defects in materials and workmanship as well as accidental damage that are the result of normal usage for all eligible products covered. The Plan covers eligible products purchased as new, refurbished or recertified by the manufacturer and manufactured for use in the United States, which at the time of purchase included a Manufacturer’s original written warranty or equivalent valid in the United States providing minimum coverage of ninety (90) days parts and ninety (90) days labor. This plan is only valid for products that are in good working condition, free of hardware failure or damages at the date of warranty purchase. This Plan pays for parts and labor related to the repair of functional parts of a covered product. Functional parts are those component parts that are critical to the performance of the product’s essential function. ADMINISTRATOR at its discretion will repair or replace the unit or any parts thereof, as required, subject to these terms and conditions.
Unless you have prepaid for a term of coverage, the duration of this plan is one (1) calendar month. Your coverage will automatically rebill on the next calendar month. If you have prepaid for a year of coverage, your coverage will automatically rebill on the next calendar year. To avoid an interruption in coverage, payment for the upcoming period must be collected prior to the expiration of the current period. ADMINISTRATOR is not obligated to renew your Plan if payment has not been collected. It is the OWNERS obligation to provide timely payment to continue monthly coverage under this plan. ADMINISTRATOR will not cover any claims occurring in a period in which no premium has been collected.
Accidental Plan Option:
This plan includes Accidental Coverage for the covered product and shall cover damages as a result of impact, liquid spill or unintentional physical damage. Accidental Coverage is an option for new, refurbished or recertified items. Warranty for this plan shall begin on the date of warranty purchase; coverage begins 30 days post warranty purchase.
Accidental Coverage does not cover:
- Claims that occur prior to or within the first 30 days of warranty purchase
- Intentional damages of any kind
- Products that have been lost or stolen
- Willful damage or misuse
- Damage due to neglect
- Damage caused as a result of drops over 6 feet
- Fire damage
- Full immersion in water
- Products that have been modified
- Products used in a way the manufacturer never intended
- Damage incurred by natural disasters (ie: hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, etc.)
- Damage that is incurred by an animal or pet (ie: dog chewing)
This plan must be registered properly within 30 days of your warranty purchase date. To register your plan, visit www.jetsoncare.com and click the “Warranty Account” button. If you prefer to register by telephone with a representative, please call (888) 976-9904. Failure to properly register this plan may restrict or eliminate full coverage benefits under this plan.
To Arrange for Service:
Call (888) 976-9904 prior to arranging service. Please have your original bill of sale and the Plan available so our Customer Service Representative is able to quickly provide instructions via email and arrange service for your covered product by an authorized service provider.
Along with the wording of original equipment manufacturer’s warranty, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- This Plan does not cover failure as a result of misuse, abuse, rust or corrosion or foreign objects found inside the equipment; repair of damage caused intentionally or by negligence, theft, fire, flood, external causes such as, but not limited to, blown fuses, inadequate electrical power, water and gas lines beyond the equipment, plugged drains, normal wear and tear, or any use of the product not authorized by the manufacturer.
- The maximum liability of this Plan shall not exceed the reimbursement of the original purchase price for the product.
- ADMINISTRATOR reserves the right to repair or replace the covered product with a monetary settlement equal to the purchase amount as indicated on the original proof of purchase or by supplying a comparable feature model of like kind and quality. If this product is replaced this Plan shall continue to cover the replaced product.
- This Plan does not cover deterioration of the appearance of the product, any cosmetic part or finish defects such as paint, porcelain, glass or plastic, dents, scratches, chips, breakage, loss, rust or peeling.
- Plan coverage is provided for authorized products only.
- Any damage resulting from unauthorized replacement parts, improper service or modifications made to the covered product by the owner are not covered by this Plan.
- If a covered product requires a replacement of an accessory such as an AC power adaptor or replaceable battery, ADMINISTRATOR may ship parts directly to the claim address you have provided. Alternatively, ADMNISTRATOR may reimburse OWNER the current fair market value for the part as determined by ADMINISTRATOR.
- If no defect is found (no fault found) or repairs are denied based on the terms and conditions of the Plan, OWNER will be responsible for any and all costs incurred.
- Replacement of products with a pre-determined life expectancy are excluded from coverage.
- ADMINISTRATOR shall not be responsible for any liability due to indirect, consequential or incidental damages and is hereby released.
- Any damage incurred while the product is in transit is the responsibility of the shipping carrier and is excluded.
- This Plan is transferable to a subsequent owner but not for a new or different product. You may transfer your service contract to a new owner of the covered product by emailing notice of transfer to email@example.com or calling (888) 976–9904. You must provide JetsonCare the Serial number, proof of purchase of the service contract, the name, address, telephone number and email address of the new owner.
- The Plan owner may cancel this Plan at any time for a pro-rata refund of the premium for the remaining time in the period.
- ADMINISTRATOR may cancel this Plan for reasons, including but not limited to, misuse of the product, unauthorized modifications to the product or commercial use of the product. In the event of cancellation by ADMINISTRATOR (except for non-payment), ADMINISTRATOR will provide the Plan owner with a pro-rata refund.
- Any loss resulting from manufacturer’s recall or rework, regardless of the manufacturer’s ability to pay for such repairs, is excluded.
- Should parts no longer be available for a Covered Product, ADMINISTRATOR shall replace product in accordance with section c of the general conditions above.
- “No Lemon” Policy – While covered under this Plan and after the product requires covered service on three (3) separate occasions for the same component and this product requires a fourth repair, as determined by our authorized service center ADMINISTRATOR will replace the product in accordance with section c of the general conditions above. Authorized service repair receipts from three (3) separate repair incidents must be sent to ADMINISTRATOR in order to qualify for replacement. Product failures must be covered by the terms and conditions of this Plan. Replacement terms in General Conditions (c) apply.
Limit of Liability:
Our liability is limited to the original price of the covered equipment. This agreement will be terminated at the point total repair costs reach the lower of the original purchase price as indicated on your bill of sale or the current fair market value of the covered item.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Contract, or breach thereof, will be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, except where prohibited by applicable law. A judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.